If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
We can think of a dozen reasons why the August Smart Lock is one of the most popular products the category has ever seen. It’s ridiculously easy to install, with easy to follow instructions detailing a procedure that should take most people about 10 minutes. The August lock also works with your current deadbolt, so you don’t have to get new keys. Auto-lock ensures that your door locks behind you as you leave, and auto-unlock unlocks your door for you when you get home. You can even give house guests or workers temporary e-keys using the August app so they can access your home for a limited amount of time. All these features and more are a bargain at $230, but you won’t pay that much if you snag one on sale right now on Amazon.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Control your door with your smartphone.
- Keep your existing deadbolt. Installs in minutes on the inside of your door.
- Grant or restrict access to visitors anytime.
- Automatically locks your door as you leave and auto-unlocks as you approach.
- Voice Control – Lock your door using Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit or the Google Assistant.
- Track who is coming and going with a 24/7 activity log on your smartphone.
- (Voice control with Alexa and the Assistant requires August Connect)
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.