If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Home security camera systems are all the rage right now, but they never give you 100% coverage. It would obviously be hugely inappropriate to install cameras everywhere in your home, but there’s another solution that you might want to check out. The Aura Home Monitoring Advanced Motion Sensing System uses advanced technology to detect motion anywhere in your home with a series of beacons that get plugged into regular old wall outlets. In a nutshell, it monitors the patterns created by Wi-Fi signals as they bounce all around your home. When anything in your house moves, those patterns are disrupted and the Aura system senses it. What’s more, it knows where the motion occurred based on the disruption in the waves, and it can trigger events with your smart home system thanks to free IFTTT integration.
Here are some key details quoted from the product page:
- ADVANCED MOTION SENSING SYSTEM – Easily monitor motion in your home right from your smartphone. Get notified as family comes and goes and receive alerts if motion is detected while you’re away.
- EASY TO INSTALL – No tools required. Plug in the sensors, download the app and get set up in less than 10 mins.
- MAINTAIN PRIVACY – Perfect for places where you don’t want a camera.
- WHOLE-HOME COVERAGE – Aura detects motion through walls – only a few sensors are required to cover your entire home.
- SMART HOME INTEGRATION – Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Home and IFTTT. NO SUBSCRIPTION FEES – Free 7-day motion history.
The starter kit covers about 700 sq ft, and additional beacons right here.Aura Home Monitoring - Advanced Motion Sensing System Price: Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.