If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission. Learn more.
It’s pretty crazy to think that the Fire Phone and the Amazon Echo were both created by the same company. The Fire Phone is easily one of the worst smartphones that has ever been created, highlighted by a bizarre pseudo-3D interface and a bunch of other features no one wanted. Meanwhile, the Amazon Echo is a fantastic product that puts Alexa in the middle of your home. Simply speak questions or commands and Alexa will take care of everything much faster and more accurately than Siri ever could. $180 is a fair price for such a great device but right now Amazon has a sale going on refurbs, so you’ll only pay $139.99.
Is buying a refurbished Echo a bad idea? Well, there aren’t many moving parts and the devices are certified and guaranteed by Amazon. In this case, saving some cash on a refurb really isn’t a bad idea at all.
Some key details about the Amazon Echo:
- A Certified Refurbished Amazon Echo is refurbished, tested, and certified to look and work like new
- Plays all your music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads audiobooks and the news, reports traffic and weather, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more with Alexa, a cloud-based voice service
- Controls lights, switches, and thermostats with compatible WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Insteon, and ecobee smart home devices
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills–over 1,500 added since launch, including Domino’s and Uber
Get a Certified Refurbished Amazon Echo for just $139.99 with free Prime shipping while supplies last.