If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
There has been a huge boom in smart thermostat sales lately, and there’s one reason and one reason alone for all the new interest: Alexa. Amazon’s virtual personal assistant is all the rage right now, and for good reason. Alexa makes controlling all of your smart home gear fast and easy, and that obviously includes your thermostat. Of course, most Alexa-enabled smart thermostats are quite expensive, like the Google Nest and our favorite, the Ecobee3.
Well now you have a much, much cheaper option if you want a smart thermostat that will let you control your heating and air conditioning with your voice. Check out the iDevices Thermostat, which costs less than $100 and works with Alexa, Android phones and with Siri as well as Apple’s Home app.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Customize the temperature of your home from anywhere with the iDevices Thermostat. Use Siri or Alexa voice commands and custom scenes (i.e. “Bedtime”) to make your home cozy when you’re there, and save money when you’re not. Quickly adjust temperatures no matter where you are with the free iDevices Connected app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
- No Hub or Subscriptions – With the iDevices Thermostat, your home’s Wi-Fi and an iPhone device is all you need.
- Voice Control – The iDevices Thermostat responds to Siri or Alexa voice commands, letting you control your home without even picking up your phone.
- Access Anywhere – Control and monitor the iDevices Thermostat from wherever you are using your iPhone or Android device. No Apple TV needed.
- Works with most heating and cooling systems – Requires a common “C” wire
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.