If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
I see a lot of different gadgets and gizmos each day. After all, a big part of my job is to constantly be on the lookout for cool new stuff. Sometimes when I’m digging around for cool new products, I come across something that makes me shake my head. I don’t mean that in a bad way, however, like when you find something silly. I’m talking about something that offers such a simple solution, I can’t believe I never thought of it myself. Or perhaps it’s a solution that’s so brilliant I just wish I had thought of it myself.
If you’re looking for an example of a product that fits the bill perfectly, look no further than the Sleek Socket ultra-thin electrical outlet cover. This smart and affordable little gadget makes it amazingly easy to hide all your power cords. That way, you never need to look at that annoying clutter again. All it takes is just a few seconds to plug in and you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.Today's Top Deal Incredible Amazon deal gets you best-selling Alexa smart plugs for just $5 each! List Price:$24.99 Price:$19.99 You Save:$5.00 (20%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission Available from Amazon BGR may receive a commission
So many people out there are sick and tired of the tangled mess around their electrical outlets. The problem, of course, is that people typically don’t know what to do about it.
Even if you use surge protectors, they still have bulky, ugly cords that you need to plug into the wall. That’s fine if the power outlet in question is behind a couch or obscured from view in some other way. But dark cables and cords are so ugly when they’re out in the open. The Sleek Socket ultra-thin electrical outlet cover truly is one of the best Amazon finds you’ll come across. It’s so, so simple… and yet so wonderfully brilliant.
Socket Solutions is the company behind the Sleek Socket. It’s a delightfully simple device that plugs into any standard three-prong electrical outlet, covering the entire thing with a solid white plate. Then a single white cable discreetly runs down from the socket cover. You can even tack it along the floor or in a crevice on a kitchen counter. At the end of the cable, you’ll find a power strip with three outlets or a surge protector, depending on which model you get. And the best part is that the end can be tucked away behind a couch, table, kitchen appliance, or anything else. That way, you don’t see it at all — the only thing that’ll be visible is a single, subtle while cable coming down from the base of your electrical outlet.
There is no doubt in my mind that the Sleek Socket ultra-thin electrical outlet cover will be one of your favorite Amazon finds this week, and prices start at just $23.95 for the model with a 3-foot cable, $1 more for the 8-foot version, or $33.95 for the 6-foot version with an integrated surge protector.
Here are the main takeaways you should keep in mind:
- Sleek Sockets help you eliminate all the clutter around your power outlets with a solution that’s simple and yet brilliant
- Hide all the ugly power cords in your home with ease
- A patented, ultra-thin cover plugs into your regular electrical outlet and hugs the wall so no plugs are sticking out at all
- Then, a single wire comes straight down from the bottom of the Sleek Socket and can easily be run discreetly along your floor or counter
- At the end of the wire, you’ll find either a three-plug configuration or a full surge protector at the end, depending on which model you choose
- Installs in seconds with no tools required — just plug it in and you’re done
- Sleek Socket is up to 90% thinner than traditional plugs, with a wall-hugging design that blends in
- Enhance your home decor with ease in just a few seconds
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.