If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Regular wireless charging requires you to place a device on a pad or stand, but now there’s a crazy new accessory that lets you wirelessly recharge your Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers from 1 foot away.
- This awesome new accessory just launched on Amazon, and it’s called the PowerCast Wireless Charging Grip + PowerSpot Wireless Power Transmitter Bundle Pack.
- BGR is one of the first sites in the world to tell you about this new Nintendo Switch accessory, but there’s a good chance it will sell out soon now that the cat is out of the bag.
We have some good news and some bad news for you if you’ve been searching high and low for a Nintendo Switch console to buy. The good news is that Nintendo Switch consoles are finally back in stock at Amazon right now, which is actually pretty shocking. Switch units have been sold out nearly everywhere since the coronavirus pandemic began, but Amazon actually now has some inventory that ships out right away. The bad news, however, is that prices are still pretty inflated, so you’re going to have to cough up some extra cash if you want a Switch anytime soon.
If you’re ordering a Nintendo Switch console through the link above or if you already have one, there’s a new accessory that was just released for the Switch and you definitely have to check it out. As a matter of fact, it might just be the coolest Nintendo Switch accessory that has ever been created. No, we’re not talking about best-selling Nintendo Switch accessory bundles or screen protectors, though you should probably consider those as well. We’re talking about the brand new PowerCast Wireless Charging Grip + PowerSpot Wireless Power Transmitter Bundle Pack, which is like nothing you’ve ever seen before.
This crazy new accessory from a company called PowerCast is a wireless charger for your Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers, but it’s not like the wireless charger you might already for your smartphone. Those chargers require you to place your phone directly on a pad or stand and make contact in order to charge. The PowerSpot Wireless Power Transmitter is a longe-range wireless charger instead, which means it will actually recharge your Joy-Cons wirelessly through the air from up to 1 foot away!
Position the PowerSpot Wireless Power Transmitter on a coffee table in front of you and you’ll be able to recharge your Nintendo Switch controllers the entire time you play, without worrying at all about wires. You can even pick up extra Wireless Charging Grips to recharge more than one pair of Joy-Cons at a time. It’s awesome, and it’ll almost certainly sell out now that we’ve let the cat out of the bag. Grab a bundle while you can!
Here’s the key info supplied by PowerSpot on the Amazon product page:
- Compatible with Nintendo Joy-Con Controllers, the Wireless Charging Grip is the WORLD’S FIRST WIRELESSLY RECHARGEABLE gaming product
- No wires – no charging pads – just true, long-range wireless charging
- Wirelessly rechargeable over distance
- Compatible with Nintendo Switch Joy-Con controllers
- World’s FIRST wirelessly rechargeable gaming device (up to 1ft)
- Not compatible with Qi-enabled products such as cell phones
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.