If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Audiophiles, the day you’ve been waiting for has finally arrived: Sony’s WH1000XM4 wireless noise cancelling headphones release date is tomorrow!
- The previous-generation WH1000XM3 headphones are still considered by many to be the best ANC headphones on the market, but the new WH1000XM4 model features several key improvements and enhancements.
- Sony’s next-generation active noise cancelling headphones will be released tomorrow, but you can order them right now from Amazon.
Everyone at this point should know that the Sony WH1000XM3 headphones are considered by most experts to be the best wireless noise cancelling headphones on the market. Tomorrow, however, the best is about to get even better.
Sony unveiled its next-generation flagship ANC headphones earlier this month — the new Sony WH1000XM4 wireless noise cancelling headphones. Reviewers are already going nuts over them, which makes sense considering they’re just like the class-leading WH1000XM3 model, but better. We’ve had the pleasure of testing them ourselves for the past week, and we can tell you that they are definitely going to blow your mind. How are they better, you ask? Here’s a rundown of all the ways Sony’s new WH1000XM4 model is an improvement over the previous-generation WH1000XM3:
- DSEE Extreme: Sony’s new Digital Sound Enhancement Engine automatically upscales compressed digital audio files for a dramatic improvement in sound quality.
- The new Sony WH1000XM4 headphones have 5 individual microphones for better hands-free calling, voice recognition for voice assistant commands, and better ambient sound detection.
- Sony’s upgraded model features support for Bluetooth connections with multiple devices.
- The WH1000XM4 headphones now include wearing detection.
- Last but certainly not least, Sony says its industry-leading active noise cancelling technology has been improved in the new WH1000XM4 model.
The last one is pretty mind-blowing when you consider how good Sony’s ANC technology on the current-generation WH1000XM3 already is. In fact, many experts say it’s the best in the business. If you want to experience them for yourself, you’ll be happy to learn that the new Sony WH1000XM4 headphones are available to order right now at Amazon ahead of the release date tomorrow, August 18th. They cost $350 just like the previous-generation model, and they’re worth every penny.
Also of note, you can save a ton of cash on the previous-generation model right now if you don’t need all the new bells and whistles — the international version of Sony’s WH1000XM3 headphones are on sale on Amazon for around $240 instead of $350.
Here are the bullet points Sony offers on the Amazon product page:
- Industry-leading noise canceling with Dual Noise Sensor technology
- Next-level music with Edge-AI, co-developed with Sony Music Studios Tokyo
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (10 min charge for 5 hours of playback)
- Touch Sensor controls to pause/play/skip tracks, control volume, activate your voice assistant, and answer phone calls
- Speak-to-chat technology automatically reduces volume during conversations
- Superior call quality with precise voice pickup
- Wearing detection pauses playback when headphones are removed
- Seamless multiple-device pairing
- Adaptive Sound Control provides a personalized listening experience
- Updated design relieves pressure for long-lasting comfort
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.