If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Amazon’s best-selling coronavirus face masks are on sale for just $0.60 each right now, and they’re great for everyday use when combined with social distancing and good hygiene (use powerful hand sanitizer as often as you can!).
- For higher-risk situations like riding public transportation, N95 and KN95 face masks offer better protection.
- Now, there’s a new type of “smart” electronic face mask available that supposedly filters small particles even better than N95 masks, and it has a nifty feature that helps you breathe easier while wearing it.
When it comes to everyday activities like driving from place to place, going for a walk, spending time outdoors with friends and family, or shopping for groceries, standard 3-ply face masks are more than good enough to protect you from the novel coronavirus. What’s more, they’re very inexpensive so you can stock up on them and always have some handy. In fact, the best-selling coronavirus face masks on Amazon’s entire site are on sale right now for just $0.60 each.
When it comes to higher-risk situations, you probably want protection that’s a bit better than what you get with regular 3-layer masks. We’re talking about things like riding public transportation, flying somewhere on a plane, visiting a doctor’s office, or doing anything indoors where you can’t always stay 10 feet away from other people. That’s where N95 and KN95 masks come in handy.
The “95” in N95 and KN95 face masks means that the mask has been tested and confirmed to filter out at least 95% of microscopic airborne particles like bacteria and viruses. The most popular KN95 masks we cover are definitely MagiCare KN95 face masks, which are on Amazon right now for $3.50 each when you buy a 20-pack.
What you might not realize is that some masks offer even better protection than N95 and KN95 masks. For example, you can get these genuine 3M respirators on Amazon along with NIOSH-approved P95 or even P100 particulate filters that filter at least 99.7% of tiny airborne particles. They’re supposed to be for hospitals but for some reason they’re now available for anyone to order.
3M Large Thermoplastic Elastomer Half Mask 6000 Series Reusable Standard Respirator With 4 Poin… Price:$24.50 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Price:$21.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Finally, we wanted to show you one more option that’s unlike anything you’ve ever seen before. It’s called the Shangrui Smart Electric Respirator and the manufacturer states that it filters 99% of PM2.5 particles like chemicals, chemicals, and viruses. Whereas most masks this efficient make it difficult to breathe, this mask has a special electronic fan that sucks in air and runs it through a special replaceable filter. Then there’s also a valve so you can exhale easier and prevent moisture from building up.
It’s definitely a unique design, and it’s available to order right now on Amazon. You can also pick up a 20-pack of replacement filters for just $19.99.
shangrui Smart Electric Respirator air Purifier, Replaceable Filter, Supply Fresh air, dust-Pro… Price:$48.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Purism 20PCS Filter Element, PM2.5 Special Replacement Filter Cotton, Electric mask Filter with… Price:$19.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
- 1 Nan Qi Xing KN95 Face Mask, Disposable Masks Protection for Dust Pollen, on EUA FDA Approved Li…
- 2 KN95 Face Mask 50 Pack, WWDOLL 5-Layer Breathable Cup Dust Mask with Elastic Earloop and Nose B…
- 3 PURELL NATURALS Advanced Hand Sanitizer Gel, with Skin Conditioners and Essential Oils, 12 fl o…
- 4 Clorox 15948CT Disinfecting Wipes, 75 Wipes, 6/CT, Lemon Scent
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.