If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- If you’re currently locked in the Fire TV vs. Roku TV debate like so many people are, we have some important news: There are killer deals on best-selling media players from both brands right now, so it’s time to make a decision.
- Everything from tiny plug-in dongles to great big televisions with built-in streaming media software is on sale right now, and the savings are huge.
- Amazon’s Fire TV Stick at $29.99 is one of the most popular deals available right now, but you can actually get a Roku Premiere with 4K and HDR for $1 less.
A couple of weeks ago, we told you about a handful of truly terrific deals on televisions with Amazon’s beloved Fire TV experience built right in. Guess what: the three most popular deals we covered are all back in stock right now. If you need a small TV for your kitchen or a guest bedroom, the Toshiba 32-inch Smart HD TV – Fire TV Edition can be had today for just $139.99. The larger Insignia 50-inch Smart 4K UHD TV – Fire TV Edition is down to $299.99 for a limited time, and the best-in-class Toshiba 50-inch Smart 4K UHD with Dolby Vision and DTS TruSurround TV – Fire TV Edition is on sale for $329.99 instead of $380.
Those are all fantastic deals and if you’re in the market for a new TV set, you’d have to be nuts to pass them up. Of course, what about people who already have plenty of TVs and just want to upgrade their streaming media experiences? Don’t worry, because we’ve got you covered as well.
There are several deals right now on Amazon covering popular streaming media players, but there’s no question which two are the hottest bargains. First, the Fire TV Stick just got a surprise deal that cuts the price to $29.99. It’s the single best-selling product Amazon has ever made, and it flies off the company’s virtual store shelves anytime it goes on sale.
Want to spend even less on a device that also adds 4K resolution and HDR support into the mix? We’ve got just the thing.
The Roku Premiere HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player retails for $40, so it’s the same price as the entry-level Fire TV Stick even when it’s not on sale. It’s not a “stick,” so to speak, but you can still easily fit this tiny box behind your TV. Grab one right now, however, and you’ll fins that it’s down to an all-time low price of just $29! That’s $1 less than Amazon’s discounted Fire TV Stick, but you get a much more capable device that supports HDR content and streaming at 4K. The Roku Streaming Stick+ is on sale as well for $39 if you really want the dongle form factor, and you really can’t go wrong either way.
Roku Premiere | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player, Simple Remote and Premium HDMI Cable $29.00 Available from Amazon
BGR may receive a commission
Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Long-range Wireless and Voice Remote wi… $39.00 Available from Amazon
BGR may receive a commission
- 1 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 8 fl oz Pump Bottle (Pack of 12) -…
- 2 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 1 fl oz Flip-Cap Bottle with Displa…
- 3 The Gojo Industries Incorporated MCK42731800 - Sanitizing Skin Wipe Purell Individual Packet Al…
- 4 Lysol Disinfecting Wipes, Lemon & Lime Blossom, 110ct,Packaging May Vary
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.