If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- The Apple Watch Series 5 is the latest and greatest smartwatch from Apple and it packs a number of nifty new features that owners of the device really love.
- As is often the case with Apple products, all those new bells and whistles come with a hefty price tag that is out of reach for many potential buyers.
- Amazon is offering deep discounts on a number of the best-selling Apple Watch Series 5 configurations, with savings up to $100 and prices starting at less than $408.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
It pretty much goes without saying that every new generation of an Apple product is better than all the generations that preceded it. Apple’s not going to spend all that time and money developing new devices that are inferior, after all. That said, some upgrades are more substantial than others and people who own an Apple Watch Series 5 tend to boat about it more than most.
Compared to early versions of the Apple Watch, the Series 5 model is definitely better in every way. It’s far faster and more powerful thanks to the 64-bit dual-core S5 processor that is up to two times faster than the S3 chipset that powers the only other model that’s still available, the Apple Watch Series 3. It also has a larger AMOLED display with thinner bezels for a much better look, as well as a new always-on feature so you don’t have to wait for your watch face to light up to see the time and all your beloved complications.
Heart rate monitoring is of course still a central feature of the Apple Watch, but the Series 5 also adds a built-in ECG app that’s unlike anything that has come before it thanks to electrical and optical heart sensors. It can call emergency services if you fall and warn you about an irregular heart rate, and so much more. Heck, it’s even “swimproof” so you can wear it in the pool or shower and not have to worry about it getting damaged.
Needless to say, all that comes with a fairly steep price tag that can reach well over $1,000 depending on the model you choose. That said, Amazon is offering some fantastic discounts that can save you a bunch of money on Apple’s latest and greatest smartwatches. Prices start at just $407.55 for an Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS, 44mm) with a Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band, which normally sells for $429. Note that in some cases like this one, there’s an additional discount that’s applied by Amazon at checkout.
If you want to upgrade to a model with GPS and Cellular data, you’ll find Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular, 40mm) models starting at $449, a $50 discount, and Stainless Steel models are up to $100 off. That deep $100 discount drops several prices to all-time lows, but some configurations are already selling out. In other words, hurry up and grab one if you want to avoid missing out.
Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular, 40mm) - Silver Aluminum Case with White Sport Band Price:$499.00 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular, 44mm) - Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Black Spo… Price:$749.00 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
- 1 Powecom FFP2 Protective Face Masks (Headband), 94%+ Filtration Efficiency, Disposable Particula…
- 2 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer, Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 8 fl oz Sanitizer Table Top Pump B…
- 3 Lysol 2284 Crisp Linen Spray, 4 PACK, blue
- 4 Lysol Disinfecting, 480 6 Packs of 80 Wipes, (Lemon & Spring Waterfall), Lemon, Spring
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.