If you’ve been in search of a great chef knife at an affordable price, slice through the junk and cut right to this killer deal that Amazon is running for Green Monday 2019. For $100, the KYOKU Daimyo Series 8-Inch Professional Chef Knife is already among the best options out there. It features a Japanese VG10 steel-core hammered Damascus blade that stays shockingly sharp — and it looks pretty awesome, too. Clip the 10% coupon on the product page and use the promo code KYOKUU42 at checkout, and you can snag one for only $69 today.
Here’s the key info from the product page:
- TOP-NOTCH VG-10 JAPANESE STEEL – Crafted with superior Japanese VG-10 steel cutting core at 58-60 HRC, this chef knife features supreme sharpness, long-term durability and incredible edge retention. The super steel core contains cobalt that increases the hardness and ease of sharpening, making VG-10 steel outperform AUS-10 steel in durability.
- FUNCTIONAL & AESTHETIC DAMASCUS STEEL – The blade consists of 67-layer Damascus steel cladding that enhances toughness and protects the valuable VG 10 steel cutting core. Beautifully laminated, the Damascus wave pattern showcases the stunning craftsmanship and its luxurious identity. Each blade is cryogenically treated in liquid nitrogen to enhance hardness, flexibility and corrosion resistance.
- ERGONOMIC G10 HANDLE: Highly impervious to heat and moisture, the meticulously constructed G10 handle (incredibly strong fiberglass-like material) feels smooth and sure in your hand. The blade and handle meet with an ergonomic bolster (the gentle slope for your thumb) to make cutting easier and safer.
- WELL-BALANCED DESIGN: Our 8” Japanese chef knife is designed to feel substantial and well-balanced in your hand but also light enough for marathon prep sessions.
- A KITCHEN KNIFE FOR EVERY TASK: Every kitchen needs a versatile knife. With an extra-wide and slightly curved blade, this chef’s knife is just right for cutting, slicing, mincing, dicing, cubing and more everyday jobs. Well suited to professional chefs as well as home cooks.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.