The Nest Learning Thermostat is fantastic, as is the comparable ecobee SmartThermostat. As good as they are, however, many people who own them don’t actually use all of the features they provide. With that in mind, there’s another option you should consider if you just want a great thermostat with smart features and Alexa control It’s called the Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Smart Touchscreen Thermostat, and it’s available right now on Amazon for about half what you’ll pay for the aforementioned models from Nest and ecobee.
Here’s some key info from the product page:
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Product requires C-Wire, unit will not work without it.
- Control your Smart Home with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately) and Apple HomeKit with voice control using Siri, the Apple voice assistant
- 7-Day Flexible Scheduling or Location Based Temperature control (GeoFencing). Uses geofencing technology to keep track of your smart phone’s location;Auto changeover: The Lyric T5 can be set to determine if the home’s system should be in heating or cooling mode to provide maximum comfort
- Adaptive recovery learns how long it takes to achieve the right temperature at the right time and automatically runs your system to get to your desired temperature when you want it, with auto change from heat to cool
- Smart Alerts – push notifications for filter changes and extreme temperature warnings keeps you informed
- Energy Star Certified.The Lyric T5 Wi-Fi thermostat is compatible with most single-stage and multi-stage conventional and heat pump heating and cooling systems. Provides remote thermostat control through iOS or Android smartphones and tablets. Compatible with Apple HomeKit and Amazon Echo
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.