Apple’s AirPods are definitely responsible for the explosion in popularity of true wireless earbuds. There’s no question. But now that there are so many different options out there, you might be smart to look elsewhere before you spend $159 on AirPods. For example, the new Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds cost $30 less than AirPods, but they’re far better than Apple’s earphones in two key ways. First, they have silicone tips and graphene drivers, which means they sound amazing and all that great bass is locked into your ears instead of leaking out thanks to the AirPods’ smooth plastic tips. On top of that, the new Melomania 1 last for a whopping 9 hours of playback on a single charge, which is twice the 4.5 hours you’ll get out of AirPods!
Here are more key details from the product page:
- Incredible Battery life – Up to 9 playback hours from a single charge. 36 hours additional charge – Carry case holds an extra 4 full charges. Charge headphones from empty to full in just 30 minutes.
- Stunning sound quality – Graphene driver diaphragms deliver a superior listening experience with deep bass & clear treble.
- Comfortable & Lightweight – Just 4.6g each. Excellent fit that ensures both comfort and improved sound quality.
- Bluetooth 5.0 – Superior connection with no drops in signal. Support for SBC, AAC and aptX to deliver up to CD-quality audio.
- 1-year warranty if sold from an authorized retailer.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.