If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Should true wireless earbuds like Apple’s AirPods really be described as “true wireless”? They certainly are when they’re in your ears, but what happens when it comes time to charge them? You have to pop them back into the charging case, and the charging case itself has to be charged. In other words, you still have another device that has to be recharged using a wire. That’s what makes the new Aipower Wearbuds so brilliant: They recharge while stowed away inside another device that you’re going to wear and charge anyway!
Preorders for the brand new Aipower Wearbuds just went live today on Kickstarter, and you definitely need to check them out. They combine two different must-have devices into a single product. First, you have a fantastic fitness band with great features like step tracking, heart rate monitoring, IPX5 water-resistance, and battery life up to 7 days. Then, true wireless earbuds pop out of the sides featuring Bluetooth 5.0 support, aptX support, and graphene-augmented drivers. It’s a brilliant design that is the first of its kind.
“All wireless earbuds are not truly wireless, because you always have to carry a charging case. Without it, earbuds cannot be powered on or off and will soon run out of power. There is an invisible wire that has long plagued true wireless experience,” Aipower co-founder Oliver Sha Fei said in a statement. “The innovative patented design of Wearbuds enables the earbuds to be stored and charged in a fitness band, bringing both audio and fitness tracking experience to consumers.”
Here’s some more info from the press release:
- True wireless and Bluetooth 5.0
- Qualcomm smart audio chipset
- Support aptX codec
- Graphene-augmented drivers
- Instant pairing
- Earbuds playtime: 6h (12h with the band)
- Fitness band battery life: up to 7 days
- Earbuds: IPX6 water-resistance
- On-wrist fitness data: heart rate, steps, sleep patterns, etc.
- On-wrist notifications for call, message, apps (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
Aipower Wearbuds are available for preorder beginning right away on Kickstarter, and discounted early bird pricing starts at just $49. Orders are expected to begin shipping to backers about 3 months from now in September.
- 1 Sony X750H 75-inch 4K Ultra HD LED TV -2020 Model
- 2 Powecom Face Mask (10 Count) - With BNX Face Mask (5 Count) Bundle (US Warranty & Support by…
- 3 50 Pcs Disposable Face Cover 3-Ply Filter Non Medical Breathable Earloop Masks (Black)
- 4 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 1 fl oz Flip-Cap Bottle with Displa…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.