Most people are aware that swapping out the old hard drive in a laptop for a speedy new SSD can have a dramatic impact on performance. What most people don’t realize, however, is that getting your hands on a speedy new SSD doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Amazon is running a killer sale right now that gets you a blazing-fast SanDisk 120GB SSD PLUS for just $25.80, which is a huge discount from the $65 retail price. 120GB not enough? You can double that capacity to 240GB for $32.99, or quadruple it to 480GB for just $59.99. The 480GB model retails for $200, so that’s a massive $140 discount!
Here are the bullet points from the product page:
- Easy upgrade for faster boot-up, shutdown, application load and response (As compared to 5400 RPM SATA 2.5” hard drive. Based on published specifications and internal benchmarking tests using PCMark Vantage scores.)
- Boosts burst write performance, making it ideal for typical PC workloads
- The perfect balance of performance and reliability
- Read/write speeds of up to 530MB/s/400MB/s (Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon drive capacity, host device, OS and application.)
- Shock-resistant for proven durability —even if you drop your computer (Shock resistant (up to 1500G) and vibration resistant (5gRMS, 10-2000 HZ/4.9 gRMS, 7-800 HZ), Temperature (from 0 degrees Celcius to 70 degrees Celcius))
- 3-year limited manufacturer warranty
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.