BGR has partnered with The Points Guy for our coverage of credit card products. BGR and The Points Guy may receive a commission from card issuers.
Please note: the offers mentioned below are subject to change at any time and some may no longer be available.
If you missed the final day to take advantage of 100,000-point offers on the newly christened Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card and the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card has come and gone, don’t worry. Even though that April 24 deadline has passed, you’ve still got an opportunity to earn 75,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months.
If you can meet the minimum-spending requirement for this new limited time offer, now is the time to apply for one of the cards. As a reminder, the introduction of the Bonvoy card branding (which led to new offers like this one) is a result of Marriott combining and retiring its old Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest branding. That combination included merging points and status levels, unifying all the co-branded cards under the Marriott Bonvoy umbrella.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex
The Bonvoy Brilliant is the top-of-the-line personal credit card in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio, with a $450 annual fee. It comes with plenty of perks, including:
- Up to $300 in Marriott Bonvoy statement credit for each year you’re a cardmember year. That credit can be put toward eligible Marriott Bonvoy purchases, including room rates.
- You also get a free night award, for properties that cost up to 50,000 points (It’s awarded each year after your account anniversary).
- Also included is complimentary Marriott Gold elite status, which is the status level that gets you benefits including a 25% points bonus, priority late checkout and upgrades to enhanced rooms.
- And you can earn 6x points on Marriott stays; 3x at US restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines (2x points on everything else).
Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex
The Bonvoy Business Amex, which includes a $125 annual fee, is great for anyone needing a business credit card and who could use some Marriott points. It also offers the following perks:
- One free night award, for properties that cost up to 35,000 points, which is awarded each year after your account anniversary.
- Complimentary Marriott Silver elite status. And you can earn Gold status after spending $35,000 in a calendar year.
- You can also earn 6x points on Marriott stays; 4x at US restaurants, US gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers and US purchases for shipping (2x points on everything else).
Check out this earlier review of the Bonvoy Business Amex for more info.
Go ahead and act now to take advantage of the cards’ new limited time welcome offer if you’re looking for more Marriott points and have been eying the Bonvoy Brilliant or Bonvoy Business cards. Don’t forget, the cards’ benefits include a windfall of points via the welcome bonuses, plus free night awards and lots more that make them a solid deal for almost anyone who wants to sign up.