If you want the lights outside of your house to automatically turn on at night and off again in the morning, there are a couple of different ways to accomplish it. You could pick up smart light bulbs like the ones sold by Philips Hue along with a controller hub, and then you can configure timers that will work as long as your light bulbs are within range of your Wi-Fi network. Or if you want to make it happen at a fraction of the cost with no need for Wi-Fi, pick up a 6-pack of Philips LED Dusk-to-Dawn A19 Frosted Light Bulbs on Amazon. You’ll pay $6.44 per bulb and they have built-in ambient light sensors so they turn themselves on at night and off in the morning when the sun comes up.
Here’s some additional info from the product page:
- Philips Dusk to Dawn A19 LED light bulbs are equipped with a built in light sensor that turns the lights on automatically when the sun goes down and turns the light off when the sun rises. Suitable for indoor or outdoor use, these bulbs have standard E26 base for most fixtures. Not for use with Philips HUE products.
- These Dusk to Dawn Sensor bulbs provide 800 Lumen’s of soft white light, equivalent to 60-watt incandescents with 75% less energy use. With 2700-Kelvin soft white light, these light bulbs offer the comfort and security you need in a with the benefits of long life and energy savings you want.
- Best-in-class Philips LEDs provide turn on instantly with energy-efficient flicker-free, natural light that won’t degrade over time. Unlike cheaper imitations, Philips LED offers clean, natural lighting with exceptional clarity.
- LED light bulbs last up to 10X longer than incandescent and halogen bulbs. Unlike fluorescent and compact fluorescent bulbs, Philips LEDs are mercury-free so they don’t contribute to hazardous waste.
- This pack of 6 Dusk to Dawn A19 Philips LED Sensor Light Bulbs comes with a 10-year warranty if registered. Each bulb is expected to deliver a lifetime of up to 22,000 hours (based on three hours per day), saving you the cost and hassle of frequent bulb replacement.
- COMFORTABLE LIGHT: Our products meet strict test criteria including flicker, strobe, glare and color rendition to ensure they meet EyeComfort requirements. Switch to Philips LED, light that’s designed for the comfort of your eyes.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.