The Sonos Beam is a terrific compact sound bar, and it might be worth the $399 asking price if you already have an extensive Sonos system and you want to keep everything in sync. If you don’t, however, there’s another option you should consider that costs much less while offering sound quality that’s just as good. It’s the Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System, which comes with a universal remote and still costs $150 less than the Beam. If you absolutely must have Alexa, buy an Echo Dot as well and you’re still saving $100.
Here’s some additional info from the product page:
- Single sound bar provides better sound quality compared to your TV.The Solo 5 TV sound system is an easy solution, with advanced technologies that deliver the clear audio your TV can’t.
- Dialogue mode to make every word and detail stand out
- Bluetooth connectivity to wirelessly stream music from any of your devices
- One connection to your TV. Optical audio input (digital); Coaxial audio input (digital); 3.5 mm aux input (analog)
- Universal remote controls TV, bass, Bluetooth connections and more
- Speaker:2.6 H x 21.6 W x 3.4 D (3.73 lbs), Remote control:4.1 H x 1.6 W x 0.4 D (5 oz)
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.