If you’ve cut the cord just like a whooooooole lot of other households in the United States, you’re undoubtedly thrilled at the fact that you’re saving so much money each month. Of course there are also probably a few things that you’re not so thrilled about, and losing your cable company’s DVR is likely near the top of the list. What you might not realize though, is that there are DVRs built specifically for cord cutters, and they work with OTA TV. Amazon makes what most people agree to be the best of the bunch — the Fire TV Recast — and it’s on sale right now at its best price yet.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- Fire TV Recast is a DVR that lets you watch and record over-the-air TV at home with Fire TV or Echo Show, or on-the-go with a compatible mobile device—with no monthly fees.
- Watch and record live sports, local news, late night shows, and other can’t miss TV from channels available through an HD antenna (sold separately) like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS, and The CW.
- With 2 tuners, you can record up to 2 shows at once. Plus, store up to 75 hours of HD programming.
- With 4 tuners, you can record up to 4 shows at once. Plus, store up to 150 hours of HD programming.
- With a compatible Alexa-enabled device, you can use your voice to search for shows, open and control the channel guide, manage and schedule recordings, and help with other requests. Say things like “Alexa, open Channel Guide” or “Alexa, record ‘Riverdale.’”
- Fire TV Recast delivers the most reliable video streams over Wi-Fi of any over-the-air DVR.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.