Last year, a Florida man was arrested and charged with wire fraud after allegedly stealing nearly $1 million worth of cable service. Seriously, you can read the story right here. We would obviously never condone a crime, but we can also sort of empathize since cable companies have been overcharging us for years. Instead of breaking the law though, you should get back at them by picking up a TP-LINK TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem on sale on Amazon. Activate it on any cable ISP and return the modem you’re using now, and you’ll save up to $120 a year when your cable company removes the bogus modem rental fee you’re being charged each month.
Here are some additional details from the product page:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee and product is easy-to-open packaging
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision and Bright House Networks
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. Some deals may not be available to all customers. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.