Amazon’s Fire TV brand is known far and wide, especially among cord cutters. Fire TV devices are neck and neck with Roku as leaders in the media streaming market, giving users access to every popular service in a terrific interface that’s easy to use. There’s a relatively new device in Amazon’s lineup that you might not know about though, but it’s a must-have for any cord cutters (or cord nevers) who enjoy free OTA network television. It’s called the Fire TV Recast and it packs everything you love about Fire TVs but adds a DVR into the mix so you can record shows and even pause or rewind live TV! It comes in two different capacities and each one is on sale right now at a discount.
Here are the bullet points from the product page:
- Fire TV Recast is a DVR that lets you watch and record over-the-air TV at home with Fire TV or Echo Show, or on-the-go with a compatible mobile device—with no monthly fees.
- Watch and record live sports, local news, late night shows, and other can’t miss TV from channels available through an HD antenna (sold separately) like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS, and The CW.
- With 2 tuners, you can record up to 2 shows at once. Plus, store up to 75 hours of HD programming.
- With a compatible Alexa-enabled device, you can use your voice to search for shows, manage and schedule recordings, and help with other requests. Say things like “Alexa, open Channel Guide” or “Alexa, record ‘Riverdale.’”
- Fire TV Recast delivers the most reliable video streams over Wi-Fi of any over-the-air DVR.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.