Cable companies have been overcharging customers forever, so we can totally understand why someone might want to steal $1 million worth of cable service like this guy did in Florida. Of course, there are other ways to take money out of your cable company’s pocket that don’t involve going to jail. Pick up a TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem on Amazon and then follow the instructions in the box to activate it with your cable ISP. Then once you return your rented modem back to your cable company, they’ll slash between $8 and $10 off your bill by eliminating the modem rental fee. That’s as much as $120 in savings each year!
Here are the highlights from the product page:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee and product is easy-to-open packaging
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision and Bright House Networks
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard.
- Industry-leading 2-year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.