Good news: after supporting fast charging on the iPhone for quite a while now, Apple finally sells an 18W wall adapter so you can make use of it! Bad news: it costs a whopping $29 on Apple’s website! That’s a tall order for a wall adapter, especially when you have no choice but to also buy a $19 USB-C to Lightning cable in order to use it. Don’t worry though, because we’re about to save you some cash. Pick up a CHOETECH 18W USB C Charger on Amazon instead, and you’ll pay less than $17 rather than $29.
Here’s more info from the product page:
- 18W power delivery: The USB Type-C charger delivers up to 18W of power with USB power Delivery (PD) specification for charging your devices.
- Usb-c port: capable of charging iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone x, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8/ S8 Plus, Nintendo switch, Google Pixel 2/Pixel/Pixel XL, Nexus 5X/6P, Lumia 950/950XL, Nokia 8 at full speed. (*Note: it will not fast charge HTC 10 and LG G5/G6 via a USB C to USB C cable.)
- Safe charging: Internal sophisticated circuit design with reliable multiple protections against over-current, over-voltage, overheating and short circuit.
- Compatibility: charge nearly all USB-C enabled devices, but we recommends pairing it with USB-C phones that support Pd function for optimal charging performance.
- What you get: 1*choetech USB C charger, 18-month warranty & friendly customer service
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.