Nothing has been announced at this point, but we would be absolutely shocked if Philips Hue didn’t offer its customary discounts this year for Black Friday 2018. That means modest (but much appreciated!) discounts on its most popular smart lighting products, and that typically includes $10 off the company’s $50 A19 multicolor bulb. $10 in savings is certainly helpful since the company’s bulbs are so expensive, but there’s another option you should consider instead.
The MagicLight WiFi A19 Smart Light Bulb supports 16 million different colors just like the Philips Hue bulb. It can also be controlled by an app, by Alexa, or by a smart home hub just like Philips Hue. What’s the biggest difference? MagicLight’s bulb is on sale right now for just $17!
Here are the bullet points from the product page:
- Compatibility: Supports IFTTT, Alexa and Google Home Assistant
- Music Sync: Music Sync allows you to automatically change the lights to match your music. Rock, Normal, Jazz or Classical settings to control different transitions.
- Group Bulbs: Control each bulb individually, or together as a group.
- Colors Settings: Personalize your lights with a color palette of over 16 million colors including warm white and cool white.
- Camera Mode: Use the camera feature to auto select colors as your see them, or capture a color in real time and it will display on your MagicLight.
- Dynamic & Customs: 20 Pre programmed color modes to kick start your party, and you can also create your own modes. Great for Christmas color selections.
- Timer: With light schedules, MagicLight WiFi can make it seem like you’re home when you are not. Set the lights to come on/off at a pre-set time so you can come home to a bright well lit home
- Sunrise & Sunset: Use the “Sunrise” feature to wake up gently to a gradually brightening light. Let the lights turn off gradually at night, so you never have to worry whether you’ve left any lights on.
- Night-Light: The Night-Light function helps with relaxation while also assisting wtih quality sleeping time.
- Scene Mode: This is an awesome mode to bring your photos to life by setting the bulbs to colors picked from your photos
- Mic Function: You can use this mode to sync sounds such as Spotify or Pandora and instantiously the sounds will dance with your MagicLight.
- Remotely Control: You can control your MagicLight from anywhere in the world.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.