The Tablo 4-Tuner Digital Video Recorder for Over-The-Air HDTV is widely regarded as one of the best options out there for cord cutters who want to get their DVR features back. It works just like a DVR from a cable company, allowing you to schedule recordings or pause and rewind live TV. The difference, of course, is that it works with OTA TV and there’s no monthly fee. The Tablo can stream to any TV through a streaming device or a video game console, and it can also stream to smartphones and tablets. It’s on sale on Amazon right now for just under $200, which is the same amount the 2-tuner model usually costs.
Here are the key details from the product page:
- Watch, Record, Pause, and Stream Free Broadcast HDTV Channels: CBS, ABC, NBC, and many more, 100 Mbps Ethernet 802.11n dual band WiFi with MIMO
- Four Tuners allow you to record and watch four different programs on up to (6) devices in your home, H.264 (HLS: HTTP Live Streaming)
- Discover new shows, schedule and manage recordings and skip commercials using the content-rich interface of the Tablo Apps for iPad, Android & Kindle Tablets, Smartphones, Chrome, Roku, Android TV and Amazon Fire TV
- With TabloConnect Subscription you can stream your hometown news and sports when traveling. A network-connected DVR, Tablo is a whole-home-DVR and placeshifter combined that uses WiFi or Ethernet to stream live and recorded HDTV content to Tablo apps on all the connected devices inside your home or anywhere you have high-speed internet
- NO HDMI with Tablo’s Wi-Fi wireless broadcast of content to Tablets, Laptops, FireTV, AppleTV, Roku, Android TV, Chromecast, iPhones, Galaxy Smartphones, NVIDIA Shield, and more
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.