There was a story in newspapers not too long ago about a Florida man who stole $1 million worth of service from a cable provider. We definitely don’t condone theft of any kind… but we also see where this guy was coming from. Cable companies charge so much for service that it’s almost unbearable. What you might not know, however, is that there is something you can do that won’t land you in jail. Pick up a TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem on sale right now on Amazon and follow the instructions in the box to activate it with your cable ISP. Then return the cable modem you’re using now to your ISP and they’re remove the $8-$10 modem rental fee you’ve been paying without even realizing it. That’s up to $120 in savings every years!
Here are some more details from the product page:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee and product is easy-to-open packaging
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision and Bright House Networks
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email email@example.com
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.