Every single person on our team had the exact same reaction the first time they saw Microsoft’s demo of the Surface Hub 2. The initial response was amazement at just how friggin awesome it looks. But that quickly gave way to disappointment when we remembered that the first-generation Surface Hub cost between $9,000 and $22,000 depending on size, so there’s no way the new model is going to be affordable even if Microsoft cuts its pricing in half.
While it’s not quite the same as a giant rotating touchscreen, there is a cool project that gives you something similar at a minuscule fraction of the price. The Touchjet WAVE Android Virtual Touchscreen TV System attaches to any TV up to 65 inches and instantly turns it into a big touchscreen. Seriously, it’s one of the coolest things you’ll ever see.
Here’s some more information from the product page:
- Please refer to the user manual for setup instructions. If there are issues, please contact Touchjet Customer Service at for assistance.
- Virtual Touchscreen – Touchjet WAVE adds a virtual touchscreen onto flat screen TVs and display monitors up to 65″ (smart TV is not required).
- Simple Connection – Simply attach the WAVE to the top of your TV and plug the WAVE into your TV via HDMI.
- Giant Tablet – The WAVE is preloaded with the Android OS, Wi-Fi and it comes preloaded with apps so that you can start enjoying right out of the box.
- Work View / Class Time – Flip through your presentation directly on the big screen just like John King on cnn.
- Streaming – Stream your favorite shows and movies on Netflix or your favorite streaming app without having to connect to other devices.
- Support – Please download the Touchjet App onto your smart device (iOS and Android) for step-by-step instructions.
- Connect, Collaborate, and Share – With WAVE, bring presentation and education apps, and connect individual tablets to the big touchscreen. An affordable alternative to IWB and giant tablets.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email email@example.com
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.