If you want to speed up your computer, media streaming device, video game console, or anything else, there’s something important that you need to know: no matter how much you spend on a router or a mesh Wi-Fi system, no wireless connection will ever be as fast or as reliable as a wired internet connection. The problem, of course, is that running Cat6 cable and installing Ethernet ports is expensive. If you’re looking for a great alternative, check out the TP-Link AV1000 Gigabit Powerline Ethernet Adapter Kit. Plug one box into an outlet near your router and the other one into a power outlet near whatever it is you want to connect, and presto! You have a gigabit Ethernet connection in a matter of seconds using the electrical wiring already installed in your home.
Here are the highlights from the product page:
- Next Generation Powerline: Super fast speeds—Powerline speeds up to 1000 Mbps
- Latest Technology: Gigabit speeds through your electrical outlets for improved coverage; Connect multiple adapters to expand your wired network reliably; Patented Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%
- Industry Leading Support: 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support; J.D. Power Ranked TP-Link “Highest in Customer Satisfaction for Wireless Routers in 2017”
- Gigabit port: Gigabit Ethernet port connects devices like smart TVs, game consoles, and PCs to your network. Standards and protocols is homeplug av2, homeplug av, ieee 1901, ieee 802.3, ieee 802.3u and ieee 802.3ab
- Plug-and-play: Set up in minutes, no need to configure or install software. System Requirements: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1, Mac, Linux
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited and prices are subject to change without notice. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.