Yale announced an exciting new version of our favorite smart lock two weeks ago, and now the new model is finally in stock on Amazon. Readers who follow the BGR Deals team’s coverage are undoubtedly familiar with the Assure SL smart lock, which has long been available with either Apple HomeKit or Z-Wave compatibility. Now, there’s a new third option and it’s undoubtedly the best one yet. The Yale Assure SL “Connected by August” Edition smart lock offers everything the other versions have, but it also adds in two key elements from August’s popular smart locks. The first is August app control, which also means it works with every popular voice assistant (Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant). Second, it includes August’s DoorSense tech, which enables a bunch of enhanced functionality you won’t find anywhere else.
Of note, if you already have a Yale Assure SL lock you can buy a kit that will upgrade your current lock instead of having to buy a whole new model.
Here’s more info from the product page:
- Replaces your existing deadbolt with a slim, key-free deadbolt with touchscreen keypad – no keys to lose, no cylinder to pick
- Lock, unlock, share access, customize lock settings and see who comes and goes from anywhere using the August app
- Unlocks automatically as you approach the door when you have your phone – no phoneenter your entry code on the backlit keypad
- Lock, unlock and check lock status with voice assistants including Alexa, Google assistant and siri
- Includes doorsense, a sensor that lets you know If your door is open or closed
- Backed by Yale, the world’s favorite lock brand Since 1840 – lifetime limited warranty on finish and mechanical
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.