If there’s one thing your cable company loves more than anything else, it’s getting money for nothing. And if you’re using a cable modem supplied by your cable company to connect to the internet, you’re paying them money for nothing. Every month they charge you a $10 model rental fee just to have the ability to connect to their service and pay another $40, $50, $60, or more for your internet plan. But now it’s time to stop the madness. Pick up a TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem on Amazon and follow the instructions in the box to activate it with Comcast, Charter, Spectrum, Optimum, or whatever other company you use. Then rent your current modem to your ISP and they’ll have no choice but to stop charging you that $10 monthly fee. You’ll save $120 a year! And even better, your cable company will be so pissed off.
Here are the highlights from the product page:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee and product is easy-to-open packaging
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision and Bright House Networks
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.