You know what every old car and most newer cars have in common? Awful, terrible, pitiful infotainment systems. There are a few diamonds in the rough out there, but for the most part automaker infotainment systems are borderline offensive. That’s what makes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto so great — you can teleport your excellent mobile interface onto the display in your car. The issue is that no old cars and even most new cars don’t support CarPlay or Android Auto, but we’ve got you covered if you want to add a compatible system to your car or truck. The Boss Audio BVCP9675A Double Din Head Unit has a 6.75-inch capacitive touchscreen and supports both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It’s on sale right now on Amazon at a huge $119 discount, so it’s the perfect time to upgrade.
Here are some of the important details from the product page:
- Works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 80 Watts x 4 Max Power
- Bass/Treble/Balance/Fader Controls and Preset Built-in EQ
- RBDS Tuner, Switchable US & Europe Tuner Frequencies
- Mech-Less – No CD or DVD Player
- Plays MP3/WMA/WAV/USB/FLAC 24 BIT High Res Audio and Smartphones
- Inputs: USB, Aux, Rear Camera, Steering Wheel Control (Interface Not Included), Full iPod Control
- Outputs: Front, Rear and Sub Pre Amp
- Bluetooth Hands-Free and Audio Streaming. Make and receive calls, play and control music and apps like Spotify/Pandora wirelessly
- USB Charging, Selectable Illumination Color
- Update Via USB, Capacitive Touchscreen
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited and prices are subject to change without notice. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.