Many people out there have issues with their home wireless networks, but they just deal with it instead of actually doing something about it. What’s more, if you use a cable modem provided by your cable company, you’re paying more for your home internet service than you should be. In this post, we’ll show you three purchases you can make to speed up your home internet and decrease your annual service cost by between $96 and $120. First, buy and activate your own cable modem so you can return your ISP’s modem and eliminate the monthly modem lease fee. Then get a great mesh Wi-Fi system to replace your wireless network, and get powerline internet adapters for all the computers in your house to get wired reliability and gigabit speeds without pricey Ethernet installation.
Get your own cable modem to save money on your internet bill
TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee and product is easy-to-open packaging
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision and Bright House Networks
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard.
Get a good mesh system to speed up Wi-Fi
AmpliFi HD (High-Density) Home Wi-Fi System
- Wi-Fi Mesh Technology for Complete Home Coverage
- Plug and Play High-Density Mesh Points to Eliminate Dead Spots
- Dual-Band 802.11ac Wi-Fi System Delivers Up to 5.25 Gbps Aggregate Speed
- Convenient Smart-Touch Display for Real-Time Status
- Easy Setup and Powerful Wi-Fi Management using the AmpliFi App
Get a powerline internet kit to speed up your computers
TP-Link AV500 2-Ports Powerline Wi-Fi extender Adapter Kit
- More Reliable WiFi: Use your existing electrical wiring to extend your Internet access to any room in your house. Add Powerline access points throughout your home to create strong, reliable WiFi connections where you need them most
- Lightning fast speed: Powerline speeds up to 500Mbps
- Industry Leading Support: 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support; J.D. Power Ranked TP-Link “Highest in Customer Satisfaction for Wireless Routers in 2017”; Set up in minutes, no need to configure or install software. System Requirements: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1, Mac, Linux
- Power Saving: Patented Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%
- Ethernet port: 2x Ethernet port connects devices like smart TVs, game consoles, and PCs to your network
- Expands networks through electrical wiring with Powerline technology
- Provides greater flexibility, speed, and stability than traditional range extenders
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email email@example.com
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.