Amazon just announced its first new Fire TV product since the 4K Fire TV debuted in 2017, and it looks pretty fantastic. It’s called the Fire TV Cube, and it’s essentially a mashup between the 4K Fire TV and an Echo Dot. It packs in all the great streaming functionality you’d get from the Fire TV, plus it supports hands-free Alexa like the Echo Dot. It retails for $120, but Prime members can preorder it right now on the Amazon site for $89.99.
Here’s more info from the product page:
- Fire TV Cube is the first hands-free streaming media player with Alexa, delivering an all-in-one entertainment experience. From across the room, just ask Alexa to turn on the TV, dim the lights, and play what you want to watch.
- With far-field voice recognition, eight microphones, and beamforming technology, Fire TV Cube hears you from any direction. Enjoy hands-free voice control—search, play, pause, fast forward, and more. Plus, control your TV, sound bar, cable or satellite box, receiver, and more with just your voice.
- Do more with Alexa. Fire TV Cube has a built-in speaker that lets you check the weather, listen to the news, control compatible smart home devices, and more—even with the TV off. Fire TV Cube is always getting smarter with new Alexa skills and voice functionality.
- Experience true-to-life picture quality and sound with access to vivid 4K Ultra HD up to 60 fps, HDR, and the audio clarity of Dolby Atmos.
- Enjoy tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills. Get over 500,000 movies and TV episodes from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO, SHOWTIME, NBC, and more.
- Access YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, and more websites with Silk and Firefox browsers.
- An Amazon Prime membership unlocks thousands of movies and TV episodes including “Thursday Night Football” and Prime Originals like “The Big Sick” and “Sneaky Pete”.
- Enjoy unlimited access to tens of millions of songs with Amazon Music, starting at just $3.99/month.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email email@example.com
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.