Want to make your cable company really angry while simultaneously making yourself really happy? One simple box can make both of those things happen. The Motorola MG7315 Cable Modem Gateway + WiFi N450 GigE Router with Power Boost will piss off your cable company because as soon as you activate it, you can return your current cable modem and slash as much as $10 per month off of your monthly internet bill. It’ll also make you happy because you’ll be saving money, and your home internet might even speed up because it supports Wi-Fi speeds up to 343 Mbps!
Here’s what you should know from the product page:
- 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in N450 Single Band (2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 145 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Timer Warner Cable, BrightHouse, WOW, CableOne, RCN, Mediacom and other cable service providers for use in modem ownership programs that save rental fees up to $132 per year. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7315 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed WiFi router with N450 Wi-Fi and Power Boost provides Internet access for WiFi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a more reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design further minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. Some deals may not be available to all customers. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.