Smart plugs are obviously the best way to add some smarts to all the “dumb” devices around your home. Whether you want to control a fan, coffee maker, lamp, or any similar devices, these little wall outlet adapters make it as easy as possible. That simplicity often comes at a price though, and that’s why we always keep an eye peeled for sales on smart plugs. And wouldn’t you know it, one such sale popped up today. The Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug by TP-Link is a $40 smart plug that works with an app, Alexa, or Google Assistant. It’s on sale right now for half off, which means you can snag one for just $19.99. That’s pretty much the lowest price you’ll ever see on a big-brand smart plug, so definitely grab one (or two, or four) while you can.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE – Turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app (Compatible w/ Android & iOS)
- VOICE CONTROL – Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Microsoft Cortana supported devices for a hands-free experience
- FLEXIBLE CONTROL – UL certified to switch up to 15A, for flexible control of a wide range of plug-in devices.
- KASA SCENES & SCHEDULES – Schedule the Smart Plug to automatically switch on and off when away or set a Scene for controlling many devices with a single button
- NOTE: Requires a secured 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network connection.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.