If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Android Go is probably the best thing that has happened to Android in years. For those unfamiliar with this new Google initiative, it’s a special version of Android that is designed to bring a top-of-the-line user experience to entry-level smartphones. It brings smooth, fluid UI speed without the need for a latest-generation high-end Snapdragon processor or 8GB of RAM. The end result is a top-notch user experience on an affordable Android phone. How affordable, you ask? How does $99.99 sound? The first Android Go phone you can buy in the United States is the Alcatel 1X Unlocked Smartphone, and it’s available beginning right now on Amazon. The official release date is June 4, so order one now and you’ll have it in your hands early next week.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Compact 5.3″ display with 18:9 Aspect ratio for cinematic viewing experience; sleek design with premium suede finish
- Android Oreo (Go Edition), ultra-fast 4G LTE, and the Unlocked freedom to choose your carrier. Compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile
- Social-ready 8MP rear camera and 5MP front camera – both with flash, includes instant collage, photo booth and social square modes
- Built-in fingerprint sensor for secure and instant access to all your apps; long-lasting 2460 mAh battery, 14 hours of talk time on 3G
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage with up to 32GB optional expandable Micro SD memory
Alcatel 1X Unlocked Smartphone (AT&T/T-Mobile) - 5.3" 18:9 Display, Android Oreo (Go Edition),… List Price:$79.99 Price:$99.99 You Save:$10.00 (13%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.