We love Philips Hue’s smart lighting products as much as anyone else. In fact, we even use some Hue products ourselves. That said, smart lighting can be a tough pill to swallow when it costs so much money to get in on the action. For example, the Philips Hue LightStrip Plus is one of our favorite Hue products, but it costs almost $100! If you’re looking for a good alternative that still plays nice with smart home systems but won’t break the bank, check out the Sylvania Smart+ ZigBee Flex Strip Starter Kit.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- A compatible ZigBee hub is required to control this lightstrip. Pair your smart lights to a compatible ZigBee hub such as SmartThings, Wink, or Amazon Echo Plus.
- Choose from over 16 million available colors and adjustable white color temperature ranging from 2700K-6500K. Create a colorful light scene, dim the lights, or shut them on and off right from your smartphone.
- Integrate voice control by pairing an Amazon Echo or Google Home device to your compatible ZigBee hub. Enjoy the benefits of hands free lighting control by asking to turn the lights on and off, dim, change the color, and more.
- Ideal for decorative lighting behind TV’s, bookcases, under cabinets, bars, and more.
- Starter kit includes three 2-foot flexible lightstrips, controller, and power supply. Expand your Indoor Flexible Lightstrips up to 20 feet by adding additional lightstrips, sold separately.
- The OSRAM LIGHTIFY Gateway is not required when using a different compatible ZigBee hub. ZigBee smart lights will not pair directly to voice control devices such as an Amazon Echo Dot or Google Home.
- Please be advised of our new name and packaging design. The product packaging you receive may vary and you may receive a product labeled as either LIGHTIFY or SMART+.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.