Microsoft’s newly announced Surface Hub 2 looks pretty awesome. It’s a giant touchscreen designed to replace whiteboards and projector screens. It also rotates on its wall mount, resulting in some fantastic GIF opportunities like this one:
Of course, there are two teeny tiny little problems with the Surface Hub 2. First, it won’t be released until sometime in 2019. Second, it’s going to cost a fortune. We’re talking thousands and thousands of dollars here — the first-generation Surface Hub started at $9,000 and went all the way up to $22,000!
If you’re looking for a similar solution that doesn’t cost as much as a car, check out the $300 Touchjet WAVE Virtual Touchscreen TV System on Amazon. It attaches to any TV up to 65 inches and connects via a standard HDMI port. Then a pair of cameras and some software wizardry turn your TV into a touchscreen!
Here’s some more info from the product page:
- Please refer to the user manual for setup instructions. If there are issues, please contact Touchjet Customer Service at for assistance.
- Virtual Touchscreen – Touchjet WAVE adds a virtual touchscreen onto flat screen TVs and display monitors up to 65″ (smart TV is not required).
- Simple Connection – Simply attach the WAVE to the top of your TV and plug the WAVE into your TV via HDMI.
- Giant Tablet – The WAVE is preloaded with the Android OS, Wi-Fi and it comes preloaded with apps so that you can start enjoying right out of the box.
- Work View / Class Time – Flip through your presentation directly on the big screen just like John King on cnn.
- Streaming – Stream your favorite shows and movies on Netflix or your favorite streaming app without having to connect to other devices.
- Support – Please download the Touchjet App onto your smart device (iOS and Android) for step-by-step instructions.
- Connect, Collaborate, and Share – With WAVE, bring presentation and education apps, and connect individual tablets to the big touchscreen. An affordable alternative to IWB and giant tablets.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email email@example.com
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.