Can you think of a better way to spend $40 than on a little box that will not only save you up to $120 a year, but also enrage your cable company in the process? The TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem works with every major cable-based ISP in the country, allowing you to use your own modem instead of renting one from your cable company and paying a monthly fee. Once you activate this new modem and return the old one you got from your cable company, your bill will drop by between $8 and $10 each month and the executives who run your ISP will cry themselves to sleep.
Here’s some more info from the Amazon page:
- ELIMINATE YOUR CABLE MODEM MONTHLY RENTAL FEE
- CABLE MODEM ONLY – You will also need a router to enable Wi-Fi
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- Great for Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps with XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Industry leading 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support
Want a modem that supports speeds faster than 343Mbps? There’s a gigabit version of this modem that’s also discounted on Amazon:
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.