Can you think of a better way to spend $40 than on a little box that will not only save you up to $120 a year, but also enrage your cable company in the process? The TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem works with every major cable-based ISP in the country, allowing you to use your own modem instead of renting one from your cable company and paying a monthly fee. Once you activate this new modem and return the old one you got from your cable company, your bill will drop by between $8 and $10 each month and the executives who run your ISP will cry themselves to sleep.
Here’s some more info from the Amazon page:
- ELIMINATE YOUR CABLE MODEM MONTHLY RENTAL FEE
- CABLE MODEM ONLY – You will also need a router to enable Wi-Fi
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- Great for Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps with XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Industry leading 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support
Want a modem that supports speeds faster than 343Mbps? There’s a gigabit version of this modem that’s also discounted on Amazon:
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.