If you want to install lightning-fast Ethernet in your home, you have two options. First, you can pay a contractor hundreds or even more than $1,000 to run Cat6 cable and install Ethernet ports. Or if you’d rather save your money, you can pick up a D-Link GigaBit PowerLine Internet Adapter Kit on Amazon for $50. Simply plug one box into an open power outlet next to your router, then plug the other box into a power outlet near your computer or anything else you want to connect to Ethernet. Voila, you’ve got gigabit Ethernet, and all the data runs over the power lines that are already wired in your home! Have more than one device you want to connect to Ethernet? Just buy additional adapters and plug them in anywhere in your home.
Here’s some more info from the product page:
- High speed up to 1000 Mbps, Home Plug AV2 compliant
- Great companion with Smart TV, game consoles, media players, and etc
- Perfect for 4K HD video streaming and gaming
- Able to connect multiple adapters to expand wired network through the home
- 1 Gigabit Port. Input power: 100V ~ 240V, 50/60 Hz
- Plug and play
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.