Every garage door is a smart garage door, it just needs a simple little accessory to help it realize its full potential. The Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener is one of our readers’ favorite accessories because it’s simple to install, it’s reliable, and it adds awesome functionality to any garage door with a somewhat modern mechanical opener. Simply plug in the box, install the infrared blaster anywhere with line of sight to your current garage door opener’s motor, and you’re done. You’ll be opening and closing your garage door from your iPhone or Android handset in no time, and you can even configure it to send you alerts when someone else opens your garage door. The MyQ used to cost $100, and it was a bargain at that price. Right now on Amazon, however, the price has dropped to just $79.99.
Here’s some more info from the product page:
- Open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone. Easy-to-add functionality with existing garage door openers.
- Receive alerts when your garage door opens or closes in real time by setting up customized notifications – great for busy families who come and go from the house through the garage.
- Core features such as opening, closing, and receiving garage door status notifications are INCLUDED with MyQ app at no additional charge.
- Compatible with most brands of garage door openers made after 1993 that have standard safety sensors.
- Linking your MyQ account to Google Assistant and IFTTT requires a $1 monthly or $10 annual subscription fee. Easy to install in the garage.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.