It used to be the case that you either bought a car with a backup camera, or you were out of luck. Sure there are a bunch of aftermarket backup cams out there that can be installed on most car models, but they’re a big pain in the butt. You’ve got to wire them up for power and then also run wiring all the way to the front of your dash, where you have to install a special display to see the video feed. Now, however, there’s a better way. 50 engineers and other employees quit their jobs at Apple to launch a startup, and the Pearl Automation PRJA100US Backup Camera and Alert System is the product they’ve developed. It’s a wireless backup cam that installs in about 60 seconds since it’s just a license plate holder. The it streams video to your iPhone or Android phone as you back up, so you don’t need to install a screen in your car. Definitely check it out if you don’t already have a backup camera in your car — it’s worth every penny.
Here are some highlights from the Amazon page:
- WIRELESS BACKUP CAMERA: The Pearl Backup Camera installs in minutes, transforming your car license plate into a camera and your phone into a rearview screen and proximity alert system
- AUDIBLE/VISUAL PARKING AID: The rear view camera sensors alert you when obstacles enter your car or truck’s path, giving you the help you need to back up with confidence
- CUSTOMIZABLE VIEWS: This back up camera helps you peek around corners by switching from normal to super-wide views and pivoting 140 degrees left and right
- NIGHT VISION CAPABILITY: The rear car camera provides stunning clarity in low-light conditions with its infrared HD camera
- DURABLE AND WATERPROOF CAR CAMERA: The weatherproof and theft-resistant camera frame protects the parking camera’s dual HD cameras
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.