It’s hard to believe that giant telecommunications company might be scared of a tiny little $40 box on Amazon, but believe us when we tell you that they’re scared to death. Why? Because there’s nothing these big cable companies love more than free money, and you hand over between $8 and $10 of free money each and every time you pay your internet bill. That’s because you’re using their modem, and they charge you a bogus monthly rental fee. Yup, you have to pay $8-10 a month just to have the ability to pay $40-$100 a month for home internet service.
Don’t worry, because the madness ends now. Pick up a discounted TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem on Amazon right now, then follow the instructions on the box to activate with your cable company once it arrives. After that, just return your rented modem and presto — you’ll save $96-$120 each year on your internet bill.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- ELIMINATE YOUR CABLE MODEM MONTHLY RENTAL FEE
- CABLE MODEM ONLY – You will also need a router to enable Wi-Fi
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- Great for Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps with XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Industry leading 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support
If you need a modem that supports speeds faster than 343Mbps, here’s a gigabit modem that’s also discounted on Amazon:
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.