Losing your DVR is the worst thing about cutting the cord, but there are a number of different DVR boxes that work with OTA TV. In fact, here’s one that only costs $40. That’s a nice option for people who only want basic DVR functionality, but there’s a much better option out there for people looking to spice things up a bit. The Tablo DUAL OTA DVR for Cord Cutters packs a number of features you won’t find on most other OTA DVR boxes, such as built-in Wi-Fi and whole-home compatibility so you can watch your recorded shows on any TV in your house. And while some lesser DVRs only include basic playback, Tablo’s DVR lets you rewind and fast forward so you can skip commercials!
Here’s some more info from the product page:
- Whole-home networked DVR: Browse, record, and stream free live over-the-air (OTA) HDTV to any device, any time, anywhere – without the expense or commitment of cable or satellite contracts.
- Connect tablo to your Home Network – via WiFi or Ethernet.Cancel cable, keep the DVR: Watch, pause, and record live antenna TV. Browse upcoming shows, schedule and manage recordings by episode or Series. Skip commercials, fast-forward and rewind recordings.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi included: The only OTA DVR with Wi-Fi, Tablo lets you position the DVR and antenna for the best signal reception. (HDTV antenna required, sold separately)
- 64GB internal + expandable USB storage: Record up to 40 hours of HDTV, right out of the box. Upgrade recording capacity by adding an external USB hard drive. (USB hard drive sold separately)
- Tablo: the live TV app: Enjoy Tablo apps on iOS & android mobile devices, computers, Smart TVs, streaming media & gaming devices, including Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, NVIDIA SHIELD, and XBOX
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.