Cutting the cord doesn’t have to mean cutting live TV out of your life. There are a few different options out there now for web-based live TV streaming, but you can also pick up an OTA TV antenna and get live network TV in 1080p HD for free. Of course, there are certain features of cable and satellite TV that you’re going to miss, and that’s where the SiliconDust HDHomeRun CONNECT comes in.
This awesome box serves a few different purposes, such as bringing back key DVR functions you lost when you gave up your cable box. That’s right, you can record, pause, rewind and even schedule programs to be recorded. What’s more, this device has two tuners so you can connect it to your OTA antenna and then beam live TV to multiple TVs, allowing each TV to watch different channels! Did we say TVs? The HDHomeRun Connect works not only with boxes like the Apple TV and popular gaming consoles such as the Xbox One and PS4, it also works with computers, smartphones, and tablets. Watch TV whenever you want and wherever you want again — it’s like a miracle for cord cutters.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Cut the cable and cut monthly fees; Watch live HDTV on up to 2 devices simultaneously on your wired network
- Works with our HDHomeRun DVR software so you can watch, pause and record
- Expand the number of tuners with multiple HDHomeRun devices; Will stream HD via WiFi on an 802.11ac router or SD on an 802.11n compatible router
- Watch and record in full 1080p resolution where available
- HDHomeRun streams to DLNA compatible devices on your network; TV Antenna required
Note that streaming to multiple devices from this box is free, but you’ll have to pay a fee if you want DVR features and the live programming guide. How much is that fee, you ask? A whole $35 per year, or $2.92 per month.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.