With cord cutting continuing to gain popularity each and every quarter, cable companies are relying more heavily on revenue from pricey internet plans to keep their ships afloat. Cable companies’ margins on internet service are still quite high, and that’s due in part to the scammy modem rental fee most customers pay each month for absolutely nothing. Want to take a bite out of your cable company’s bottom line while saving between $96 and $120 each year on your cable bill? Pick up a discounted TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Cable Modem for just $30 on Amazon today, activate it using the instructions in the box, and return your old modem to your cable company. The $8-$10 rental fee you pay each month will vanish, and you’ll enjoy the same internet service you had before.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- ELIMINATE YOUR CABLE MODEM MONTHLY RENTAL FEE
- CABLE MODEM ONLY – You will also need a router to enable Wi-Fi
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- Great for Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps with XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Industry leading 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support
Note that the modem above supports data speeds up to 343Mbps. If you need a faster modem check out this one:
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.