Cost has always been the biggest barrier when it comes to smart home products. The convenience is great and there are some very cool features to be had, but many people can’t see past the fact that they have to pay so much more for a connected device than they would for a normal one. The same is true of lighting, but price doesn’t have to be a barrier in this case. The Element Classic Smart LED Bulb by Sengled costs just $9.99 — or even less if you by a 4-pack or 8-pack — and it works with Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as your smart home hub of choice. Definitely check it out.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- LIGHTING FOR SMART HOME: Turn the lights on/off, dim to the desired light level and set up schedules using the Sengled Element Home app (iOS and Android). Element hub is required
- WORKS WITH SMART HOME PLATFORMS: Connect the bulbs directly to Amazon Echo Plus, SmartThings or Wink hubs and add lighting control to your smart home
- VOICE CONTROL: Connect Element bulbs to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant and control your lights via voice commands to turn on/off, adjust brightness and more. Element hub is required to connect both voice services. Only the Amazon Echo Plus device allows for direct connection
- CONTROL AT HOME OR AWAY: Control your lights remotely or set the lights to turn on before you get home in the evening. And, if you forget to turn off the lights, just turn them off using the app. Brightness:650 lumens
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Energy Star certified. And, because Element LED bulbs save 80% energy compared to incandescent lighting, monitor electricity use (kWh) and watch the savings add up in Performance section of the Element Home app
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.