We can think of a dozen reasons why the August Smart Lock is one of the most popular products the category has ever seen. It’s ridiculously easy to install, with easy to follow instructions detailing a procedure that should take most people about 10 minutes. The August lock also works with your current deadbolt, so you don’t have to get new keys. Auto-lock ensures that your door locks behind you as you leave, and auto-unlock unlocks your door for you when you get home. You can even give house guests or workers temporary e-keys using the August app so they can access your home for a limited amount of time. All these features and more are a bargain at $230, but you won’t pay that much if you snag one on sale right now on Amazon.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Control your door with your smartphone.
- Keep your existing deadbolt. Installs in minutes on the inside of your door.
- Grant or restrict access to visitors anytime.
- Automatically locks your door as you leave and auto-unlocks as you approach.
- Voice Control – Lock your door using Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit or the Google Assistant.
- Track who is coming and going with a 24/7 activity log on your smartphone.
- (Voice control with Alexa and the Assistant requires August Connect)
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.