If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
The Amazon Echo is nothing short of a complete game-changer for the consumer electronics industry. Wireless speakers have been around forever, but Amazon gave the market a massive shot of adrenaline when it added the virtual personal assistant lovingly referred to as Alexa. Whether you have questions that need to be answered, items that need to be purchased, or smart home devices that need to be controlled, Alexa is the perfect tool for the job. Add in high-quality sound and the ability to stream music from popular services like Spotify, and you’ve got yourself a winner.
Amazon’s Echo speaker is a good value at its normal selling price of $179.99. When it goes on sale at $139.99, it’s even better. For Prime Day 2017, however, the Amazon Echo drops all the way down to just $89.99. This is the first time the speaker has ever been sold for less than $100 let alone a penny under $90, and it’s a deal you definitely don’t want to miss because it might not come around again.
Here are some key details from the Amazon product page:
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, reads audiobooks from Audible, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, DISH, and more
Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Black Price:$34.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Amazon Tap - Alexa-Enabled Portable Bluetooth Speaker Price:$79.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Key Prime Day 2017 Links:
- Check the BGR Deals Hub constantly for all the latest and greatest deals
- Visit Amazon’s Prime Day 2017 page regularly to see new deals as they pop up
- Sign up for a free 30-day Amazon Prime trial if you’re not already a subscriber – you can’t shop Prime Day deals unless you’re a Prime member
- 1 Powecom KN95 Face Mask Reusable, Disposable Masks on FDA EUA List, Protection for Dust Pollen,…
- 2 Kasa Smart Plug, WiFi Outlet works with Alexa, Echo and Google Home, No Hub Required, Remote Co…
- 3 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 1 Liter Flip Cap Bottle (Pack of 4)…
- 4 Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear, Hi-Fi Stereo Wireless Headset, Foldable, Soft Memory-Pr…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.