It is technically possible to own a Samsung Galaxy S8 or a Samsung Galaxy S8+ without also owning a Samsung DeX Station, but we strongly advise against it. There are just a handful of things that make the Galaxy S8 special compared to rival flagship phones, and the obvious one is the phone’s beautiful all-screen design. But the fun doesn’t end there. Using the DeX Station, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are instantly transformed into Android-powered desktop computers, and you’ll be shocked at how fast and capable they are. Seriously, you have to pick up a DeX Station if you’re a Galaxy S8 or S8+ owner.
Here are a few key notes from the product page:
- Open your app tray and launch that Android app on the big screen. View and share pictures on a large display or launch a map to find directions.
- All the ports you need – Samsung DeX Station comes with two USB-A 2.0, a LAN Ethernet , an HDMI output, and a USB-C charging port.
- Remotely access your home desktop: When there is heavy duty work, you can always launch a virtual desktop application to mirror and control your desktop computer on your Samsung Galaxy S8/Galaxy S8+.
- When docked in DeX Station, your Samsung Galaxy S8/Galaxy S8+ will charge via USB-C and stay cool with a built-in fan, all while powering your desktop experience
- Compatibility: Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+
You can also save some money by purchasing the international model, but take note that it doesn’t have a warranty.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.