It is technically possible to own a Samsung Galaxy S8 or a Samsung Galaxy S8+ without also owning a Samsung DeX Station, but we strongly advise against it. There are just a handful of things that make the Galaxy S8 special compared to rival flagship phones, and the obvious one is the phone’s beautiful all-screen design. But the fun doesn’t end there. Using the DeX Station, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are instantly transformed into Android-powered desktop computers, and you’ll be shocked at how fast and capable they are. Seriously, you have to pick up a DeX Station if you’re a Galaxy S8 or S8+ owner.
Here are a few key notes from the product page:
- Open your app tray and launch that Android app on the big screen. View and share pictures on a large display or launch a map to find directions.
- All the ports you need – Samsung DeX Station comes with two USB-A 2.0, a LAN Ethernet , an HDMI output, and a USB-C charging port.
- Remotely access your home desktop: When there is heavy duty work, you can always launch a virtual desktop application to mirror and control your desktop computer on your Samsung Galaxy S8/Galaxy S8+.
- When docked in DeX Station, your Samsung Galaxy S8/Galaxy S8+ will charge via USB-C and stay cool with a built-in fan, all while powering your desktop experience
- Compatibility: Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+
You can also save some money by purchasing the international model, but take note that it doesn’t have a warranty.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.